November 18 – 24, 2020
It’s our biggest event of the year!
* NOTE: Last year we provided over 3,700 families in need with a turkey and bag of fixings so they could prepare a home-cooked Thanksgiving meal. We also gave out more than 15,000 winter coats, hats, gloves, scarves, and socks. This year, because of COVID-19, we do not yet know how our event may have to change, so please check back in September for details of how you can partner with us and what we will be able to safely provide to neighbors in need. *
How to be part in this outpouring of compassion and hope . . .
Families, co-workers, civic groups, and congregations are all are encouraged to form teams to collect turkeys—frozen or virtual!
- Select a name for your team.
- Donate $20 for each “virtual turkey” you wish to provide OR purchase and deliver frozen turkeys to our Donation Center, 1069 Connecticut Avenue, Unit 2-B, Bridgeport, CT. Open Tuesday – Saturday, 9 am to 5 pm. (We are closed Sundays and Mondays.)
Invite your friends, co-workers, and congregation to collect gently used winter coats – along with jackets, hats, gloves, and scarves – to ensure children and adults in our community stay warm all winter.
- Put collection boxes in central locations.
- Email your family, friends, and neighbors to ask them to donate winter wear in good condition.
- Deliver your coats and winter wear to our Donation Center, 1069 Connecticut Avenue, Unit 2-B, Bridgeport, CT. Open Tuesday – Saturday, 9 am to 5 pm. (Closed Sundays and Mondays.)
Rally your business, congregation, or community group to donate the foods listed below. They’ll be made into “fixings bags” that are distributed during Great ThanksGiving Project.
- We need: 12- to 15-pound frozen turkeys; 12-15 oz. cans of green beans, corn, peas, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, and gravy; and stuffing mix (bags/boxes, not croutons). No glass jars, please.
- Deliver your food items to our Donation Center, 1069 Connecticut Avenue, Unit 2-B, Bridgeport, CT. Open Tue – Sat, 9 am to 5 pm. (We are closed Sundays and Mondays.)
Become a Sponsor
Your business or organization can partner with us to meet the extraordinary holiday need.
- Form a corporate team and enjoy helping others while building company spirit
- Underwrite the cost of the Great ThanksGiving Project
- To learn more about the benefits of sponsorship, email Kim Fawcett or call 203-333-4087, x 113