SAVE THE DATE:
Wednesday, November 15 through Tuesday, November 21
It’s our biggest event of the year… every year!
We’ll provide 3,200 families in need with a turkey, and bag of fixings so they can prepare a home cooked Thanksgiving meal. We’ll also give out 15,000 winter coats along with hats, gloves , scarves and warm socks. Here’s how you can take part in this amazing outreach of compassion and hope!
Form a turkey team
Families. Workplace associates. Civic groups. Churches and Synagogues. All are encouraged to form a team to collect turkeys—frozen or virtual! Visit the Turkey Team page here.
- Select a name for your team.
- Your team can donate $20 for each “virtual turkey” you wish to provide.
- OR Purchase and deliver your frozen turkeys to our Donation Center, 1069 Connecticut Avenue, Unit 2-B, in Bridgeport, CT, Tuesday through Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Email Courtney Pandolfi or call (203) 333-4087, ext. 112, to let us know you’ll take part.
Organize a coat drive
Invite your friends, coworkers and congregation to gather gently used winter coats – along with jackets, hats, gloves and scarves – to help ensure needy children and adults stay warm all winter.
- Encourage your church, synagogue and business to put collection boxes in a central location.
- Email your family, friends and neighbors and ask them to donate winter wear they no longer need.
- Deliver your coats and winter wear to our Donation Center, 1069 Connecticut Avenue, Unit 2-B, in Bridgeport, CT, Tuesday through Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Hold a Thanksgiving Food Drive
Rally your business, church, synagogue or community group to hold a drive for the foods listed below. They’ll be used to provide Thanksgiving meals that will be served in our dining room and from our Mobile Kitchens – and to fill the bags of fixings we’ll distribute to needy families.
- We need: 12- to 15-pound frozen turkeys; canned green beans, corn & peas; canned sweet potatoes; canned cranberry sauce; stuffing mix (not croutons); gravy mixes.
- Deliver your food items to our Donation Center, 1069 Connecticut Avenue, Unit 2-B, in Bridgeport, CT, Tuesday through Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Serve with a Corporate Team or Become a Corporate Sponsor
Local businesses and organizations are needed to help us meet our extraordinary holiday needs.
- Form a corporate team and have fun assisting others while building company spirit.
- Corporate sponsors are also needed to underwrite the costs of the Great ThanksGiving Project.
- To learn more about the details and benefits to your organization, email Kim Fawcett or call (203) 333-4087, ext. 113.