November 18 – 24, 2020
It’s our biggest event of the year!
We’ll provide over 3,200 families in need with a turkey and bag of fixings so that they can prepare a home-cooked Thanksgiving meal. We’ll also give out 15,000 winter coats, hats, gloves, scarves, and socks. Here’s how you can be part in this outpouring of compassion and hope . . .
Families, co-workers, civic groups, and congregations are all are encouraged to form teams to collect turkeys—frozen or virtual!
- Select a name for your team.
- Donate $20 for each “virtual turkey” you wish to provide OR purchase and deliver frozen turkeys to our Donation Center, 1069 Connecticut Avenue, Unit 2-B, Bridgeport, CT. Open Tuesday – Saturday, 9 am to 5 pm.
Invite your friends, co-workers, and congregation to collect gently used winter coats – along with jackets, hats, gloves, and scarves – to ensure children and adults in our community stay warm all winter.
- Put collection boxes in central locations.
- Email your family, friends, and neighbors to ask them to donate winter wear in good condition.
- Deliver your coats and winter wear to our Donation Center, 1069 Connecticut Avenue, Unit 2-B, Bridgeport, CT. Open Tuesday – Saturday, 9 am to 5 pm.
Rally your business, congregation, or community group to donate the foods listed below. They’ll be made into “fixings bags” that are distributed during Great ThanksGiving Project.
- We need: 12- to 15-pound frozen turkeys; 12-15 oz. cans of green beans, corn, peas, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, and gravy; and stuffing mix (bags/boxes, not croutons). No glass jars, please.
- Deliver your food items to our Donation Center, 1069 Connecticut Avenue, Unit 2-B, Bridgeport, CT. Open Tue – Sat, 9 am to 5 pm.
Become a Sponsor
Your business or organization can partner with us to meet the extraordinary holiday need.
- Form a corporate team and enjoy helping others while building company spirit
- Underwrite the cost of the Great ThanksGiving Project
- To learn more about the benefits of sponsorship, email Kim Fawcett or call 203-333-4087, x 113