Ways to Give
Hope restored. Lives transformed. It starts with YOU.
More Ways to Give
- Peanut butter & jelly (plastic jars only)
- Canned ham, tuna, and chicken
- Spaghetti sauce (cans only)
- Hot and cold cereals (medium-size boxes)
- Low-sodium soups, vegetables & beans (cans only)
- Boxed Mac & Cheese
- Coffee, sugar, and powdered creamer
- Canned fruit
- We Are NOT Accepting Clothing at This Time Due to the Covid-19 Outbreak
At Thanksgiving Time:
- 12 – 15 lb. frozen turkeys
- Canned green beans, corn, peas, sweet potatoes
- Canned cranberry sauce & gravy
- Stuffing mix (boxes and bags, not croutons)
Please bring all donations to our Donation Center at 1069 Connecticut Ave. Unit 2B, Bridgeport. Open Tue – Sat, 9am – 5pm. Click here for directions.
Clothing and Other Gifts
DUE TO THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK, WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING CLOTHING AT THIS TIME
Bridgeport Rescue Mission offers clothing to residents and guests through our Blessing Rooms for Men and Women and several times a year through our Mobile Kitchens. We welcome your donations at our Donation Center at 1069 Connecticut Ave., Unit 2B, Bridgeport, open Tue – Sat from 9am – 5pm.
The Donation Center is closed on these holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Presidents’ Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
Clothing for Men, Women, and Children:
- Gently used slacks and jeans for men, women, and children
- Gently used shirts and sweaters for men, women, and children
- NEW undershirts, briefs / boxers for men – Sizes M, L, XL, and XXL
- NEW underwear for women (all sizes, no bras, please)
- NEW underwear for children (all sizes)
- NEW socks (all sizes)
- Gently used coats (all sizes)
- Gently used hats, gloves, and scarves
- Gently used boots, shoes, and sneakers (all sizes)
Other Needed Items:
- Diapers (all sizes), wipes, and training pants
- Blankets, sheets, and towels
- Laundry Detergent, bar soap, toothpaste & toothbrushes
- For holiday or one-time needs, please visit our Amazon Wish List to make Christmas purchases for our residents and for items need at our facilities. THANK YOU!
We do not accept:
Naming Bridgeport Rescue Mission in your Will is perhaps the easiest way to ensure your legacy of caring for the homeless and less fortunate in our community continues beyond your lifetime.
For information on options for including the Mission in your estate plans, email Kim Fawcett or call 203-333-4087, ext. 113.
Read why other compassionate friends have chosen to do so!
Bob Fiscus has been involved with the Mission since mid 2002 when he first learned about our work from a board member. Bob later joined the Missions board of directors and served as vice president and then as president. He has been faithful in his giving to the Mission because he believes we are in the business of turning peoples lives around. “It’s beautiful to watch the transformation of those who come to the Mission…they walk through the doors broken but leave restored,” he says. Bob has put the Mission in his Will because he wants to see the work of the Mission continue for years to come.
Coleman and Olive Harbor recognize that everything they have comes from the Lord, so for them, planned giving is simply giving God what is already His. Olive’s best friend, a long-time Mission donor, named the Mission in her Will and encouraged Olive to do the same. Because of their compassion for those in our community who are homeless and hurting, Olive and Coleman have designated a proportionate sum of their estate to Bridgeport Rescue Mission.
Stock / Property
Stock / Property
Give a Gift With a Lasting Impact
Thank you for considering giving a gift of stock or property that will make a lasting impact on the working poor and homeless in the years ahead. To learn more about these special giving opportunities and their special tax incentives, contact Kim Fawcett or call 203-333-4087, ext 113. Thank you for considering these options that benefit you as well as our ministry!