2022 The Great ThanksGiving Project
Wednesday, November 17 through Friday, November 19
It’s our biggest event of the year… every year!
We’ll provide 7,000 families in need with a turkey, and bag of fixings so they can prepare a home cooked Thanksgiving meal. Here’s how you can take part in this amazing outreach of compassion and hope!
This year we will receive children coats only. We are partnering with local Schools, housing authorities, community organizations, and churches to help us distribute coats. We want everyone to be safe and protected during these times. This means we will NOT be distributing coats during our Great Thanksgiving Project.
Form a turkey team
Families. Workplace associates. Civic groups. Churches and Synagogues. All are encouraged to form a team to collect turkeys—frozen or virtual!
- Select a name for your team.
- Your team can donate $20 (link to donation page) for each “virtual turkey” you wish to provide.
- OR Purchase and deliver your frozen turkeys to our Donation Center, 1069 Connecticut Avenue, Unit 2-B, in Bridgeport, CT, Tuesday through Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Email Lisa Chester at [email protected] or call (203) 333-4087, ext. 118, to let us know you’ll take part.
Organize a coat drive
Invite your friends, coworkers and congregation to gather new children winter coats to help ensure needy children and adults stay warm all winter.
- Encourage your church, synagogue and business to put collection boxes in a central location.
- Email your family, friends and neighbors and ask them to donate children winter coats.
- Deliver your coats and winter wear to our Donation Center, 1069 Connecticut Avenue, Unit 2-B, in Bridgeport, CT, Tuesday through Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Hold a Thanksgiving Food Drive
Rally your business, church, synagogue or community group to hold a drive for the foods listed below. They’ll be used to provide Thanksgiving meals that will be served in our dining room and from our Mobile Kitchens – and to fill the bags of fixings we’ll distribute to needy families.
- We need: 12- to 15-pound frozen turkeys; canned green beans, corn & peas; canned sweet potatoes; canned cranberry sauce; stuffing mix (not croutons); gravy mixes.
- Deliver your food items to our Donation Center, 1069 Connecticut Avenue, Unit 2-B, in Bridgeport, CT, Tuesday through Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Join a Distribution Team
Experience the grateful smiles of hungry children, struggling parents and lonely seniors as you present them with everything they need for a home-cooked Thanksgiving meal and much-appreciated winter wear.
- Gather your family, friends or co-workers to pack fixings bags, distribute turkeys, and help families select coats to keep warm this winter.
- For all the details, contact Lisa Chester, at Lisa.[email protected] or (203) 333-4087, ext. 118.
Join a Prayer or Hospitality Team
Spread encouragement and hope to those who take part in our GreatThanksgiving Project.
- Pastors and members of local congregations are invited to pray with anyone who comes for turkeys.
- Volunteers are also needed to purchase treats or bring homemade treats to offer guests as they wait in line.
- For all the details, contact Sarah McDonagh, at [email protected] or (203) 333-4087.
Serve with a Corporate Team or Become a Corporate Sponsor
Local businesses and organizations are greatly needed to help us meet our extraordinary holiday needs.
- Form a corporate team and have fun assisting others while building company spirit.
- Corporate sponsors are also needed to underwrite the costs of the GreatThanksgiving Project.
- To learn more about the details and benefits to your organization, contact Lisa Chester , at Lisa.[email protected] or (203) 333-4087, ext. 118.