Fiscal Year June 1, 2015-May 31, 2016
Our Financial Principles
- We believe Christians should support their local churches first. We will never encourage believers to support the Mission until they have first met their obligations to their churches.
- We will use all gifts prayerfully and conservatively. No one will become financially wealthy as a result of his or her efforts at the Mission. All donations will be used for the purposes they are given.
- We will never sell or rent our donor mailing list.
- We will promptly send receipts for all monetary donations.
- We believe our supporters want to hear from us in times of plenty and in times of difficulty. We will act with integrity when raising funds and always communicate the Mission’s needs honestly.
Bridgeport Rescue Mission, a 501(C)(3) nonprofit organization, is a member in good standing of the Association of Gospel Rescue Missions, the Christian Leadership Alliance and the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. We submit to an annual audit by an independent accounting firm and are guided by a board of directors that understands its responsibility to oversee our programs, policies and stewardship practices. We are supported by voluntary contributions from individuals, churches, corporations, foundations, civic organizations and other private sources. We receive no federal, state or city funding.
We pledge to
- Introduce needy people to Jesus Christ and give them hope and guidance as they pursue long-term solutions to their problems.
- Give our donors every opportunity to help the poor in the most cost-effective ways possible.
- Keep donors informed about how their gifts are used and what they are accomplishing.
- Practice stewardship ethically and efficiently, always aware our donors are giving sacrificially to meet the needs presented.
- Make our audited financial statement available upon request.
- FY 07-08 Form 990
- FY 08-09 Form 990
- FY 09-10 Form 990
- FY 10-11 Form 990
- FY 11-12 Form 990
- FY 12-13 Form 990
- FY 13-14 Form 990
- FY 14-15_Form 990